Monday, December 21, 2009

Question about my HP printer?

I have a newer HP printer, and i'm wondering if it saves every document you print somewhere on your computer. If so, how do I access it? I have Windows Vista, if it matters





Thanks a lot!Question about my HP printer?
When you send output to a printer, it usually goes to paper, not the file system. If you are tying to devise a way to track printing, you might be able to make a script that printed to two printers at once, with one of the printers being a print to file printer, like pdf. If you didn't want to make a script, I have seen one app that says it can do this:





http://www.eprintdriver.com/eprint-broad鈥?/a>





If you are using a print server, it may have a history in its logs.





Otherwise you would need a utility to do this.





Here is a commercial one:





http://www.papercut.com/products/ng/tour鈥?/a>





If this were linux, there might be away to create a tracking solution simply. But I wouldn't know where to start in Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment