Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can you hook up a dell notebook to a hp printer?

Yes. If its USB supported it will probably take care of the drivers by itself with the ';wizard';. If not USB, plug it up, turn it on and install the driver software. The omponents don't have to be the same name brand. Think of it like this-you can put a Walmart light bulb in a GE light socket and it works fine. You can use Philips remotes on Sanyo TV's. Same principal here. It should be OK.Can you hook up a dell notebook to a hp printer?
sure can. just download the software for the printer.Can you hook up a dell notebook to a hp printer?
Yes, i did yesterday. As long as you have the apropriate drivers.
Sure for most printers.


You would have got the drivers along with the printer, or you could download it from the HP website depending on which operating system you use.





http://www.wildblueskies.com
If both have a USB connection port or LPT1 ports. You're golden. If your notebook only has usb ports and the printer only has an LPT1 port. There isn't much you can do.
The only thing you'll need will be the correct drivers for the printer, a problem might be if the notebook is Vista and hp has not implemented drivers for it.
Yes, that is definitely possible.
Whoa, that's a coincidence, I just did that yesterday too. I bought my first Dell notebook 3 weeks ago and so I'm not all into the technology of the notebook yet but hooking it up to the printer was so easy. I also have an HP printer (All-In-One 1315). I was told to buy a small cable that hooks the notebook to the printer so I went to Wal-Mart and bought one for about $10. It was called the Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Cable and on the front it indicated that you can connect the USB cable from your computer to printers, hubs, and external devices. As soon as I plugged in the printer to the laptop with the cable, the notebook itself installed the drivers needed and in about 2 minutes, it was able to print out documents without the need of downloading anything. I just plugged it in and the rest was done for me. I hope that wasn't confusing... hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment