Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have a hp printer, but it does麓not work?

Hi Pily





Hp have an oddball installation procdure. Let me sum it up for you and the printer will work.


Uninstall the printer completely.


Open the printer and disconnect USB cable from it. Now, install the printer and halfway through, it will ask you to connect the USB. Connect it and let it finish the installation.





Reboot. Windows will find the printer and you will be able to print right away.I have a hp printer, but it does麓not work?
Keep the printer on and install the HP package CD. The drivers of he printer will be automatically be configured. While printing, use the HP XXX printer only, not onenote or microsoft printers. You will be able to select it when you will give the print order in the print window.





If you have any further doubts, contact me at Hrishikesh.com@rediffmail.com as I can help you out. I also had faced the same problem.


I have a hp printer, but it does麓not work?
What MODEL of HP printer ?


Inkjet or Laser ? (VITAL info in fault finding)


WHAT does happen if you try to print ?


Are there jobs in the queue ? If so right click the printer in the printer folder and make sure ';pause'; and ';use printer offline'; are NOT ticked. If so untick them


Does the printer or it's driver report an error ?





If you give some detail we might be able to help
If that printer came with the driver cd. I would suggest installing them on the computer.





If it still does not work check your printer setting to check if it is set to print on that printer or not.
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com
Look for the little button that says ';on';.
take it back to the store
moar detail if u want halp

2 comments:

  1. I have an HP Office Jet 2110 which will not print. The system requests that a test page be printed and then scanned. Yet, when this is done, the request repeats, so that I cannot resume printing.

    How can I fix this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an HP c2700 all-in-one printer and it will not print due to an erroneous "hardware" error. The error message indicates that the photo paper drawer is not inserted completely (which is false). Can someone advise on how to resolve this error?

    ReplyDelete