Monday, December 21, 2009

I just installed my new HP printer, and the software it downloaded...?

So I had to get a new computer and the software it downloaded is ginormous... 97.52 MB its not the driver though it says HP CUSTOMER PARTICIPATION PROGRAM 8.0. Can I remove this option from by programs? I don't think it is the driver. This is a new computer and I have large software programs for work and my files are huge, I just can't have anything that is not needed and I am computer illiterate. any advise... thanks so muchI just installed my new HP printer, and the software it downloaded...?
Yes, you can uninstall this program and your printers should still work. If for some reason it also uninstalls the printer drivers, go to control panel/printers and try installing it from there. If it's an HP printer, I'm pretty sure Windows should have the necessary drivers for it. If it needs a CD or something to look for the drivers, the piece of software you downloaded from HP should have a drivers folder. Just point Windows to detect the drivers and install them from there.I just installed my new HP printer, and the software it downloaded...?
I hate when company's do that. There should be an unistaller or you may see it in ';add/remove'; programs. If you know it's not related to the drivers you can delete the folder/s that it's in. Although that won't clean out the registry entries so you may get errors when you boot your computer.


As a last resort you can always contact HP and ask them how to get rid of it and yell at them at the same time for installing junk on your system.
when you installed the software, HP solutions should have been installed click on that it should help

No comments:

Post a Comment