Saturday, December 26, 2009

HP printer problem with Vista new computer?

I recently bought a new laptop with Vista. I have been trying to load the


software for my HP printer but everytime I try I get an error message that says that the following registry keys do not exist so I can't load the software:


slbcsp.dll


sccbase.dll


gpkcsp.dll


enum





I don't even know where to begin to fix this problem so I can use my


printer! Anyone out there able to guide me in right direction? Thanks.HP printer problem with Vista new computer?
First, remove the installation completely via the control panetl 'Add/Remove software.





Then, remove the USB cable from the HP and power it on. Install the software and let the program tell you when to re-connect the USB. Do it. The installation will finish.


Reboot and windows will find the new hardware. When you get the message, their is nothing else to do but enjoy the program.





You didn't specify your model so I don't knwo how compatible it is for Vista. You should have posted it.HP printer problem with Vista new computer?
Try installing the software in safe mode. Here's how to get to safe mode:





http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows鈥?/a>





But, it could be that you had a virus that corrupted some driver files. Hopefully not. You might try using the ';System Restore'; function to go back to an earlier configuration and see if that helps, too.





It's probably not that serious, though. Try safe mode first.

No comments:

Post a Comment