Monday, December 21, 2009

I have an HP Deskjet D4160 printer. I receive this message saying ';door open.'; What can I do to fix this?

Thank you.I have an HP Deskjet D4160 printer. I receive this message saying ';door open.'; What can I do to fix this?
Did you open the printer recently? If so, one of the doors has not been shut. Either the lid is still up, or a door on the rear of the printer is open. If everything is indeed shut, then your board's cirtuitry could be bad and incorrectly flashing ';door open'; when it's not.I have an HP Deskjet D4160 printer. I receive this message saying ';door open.'; What can I do to fix this?
There is a stub on the lid that pushes a button down when the lid folds down. One time I cut off the end of a pencil eraser to hold down that button hiding in the hole. Another time, I used a paper ';wasp'; (tightly rolled paper folded in half).





The idea is to stuff the hole with something that will hold that infernal button down, yet can be removed to change printer cartridges.
close the door

No comments:

Post a Comment