Monday, December 21, 2009

I have a hp printer,does this scan, also what is the difference between a scanner?

My printer can print out what is on the computer screen - an email, a Word document, a web page.





A scanner is like a Xerox copier. I can scan something, (either words or a photo), and it can copy it and print out a copy or put it into an email. It can also do a special scan of words where it places the words on the paper being scanned into a Word document so you can edit it. Some of the programs are so poor, it would be easier to type everything in yourself.





So, I use my scanner to make a copy of an item placed on it. like the face of a pocket watch. I copy receipts so I have a copy myself when I mail in the original. I copy forms I've filled out. Anything I scan can be printed out or sent by email.





I'd be even happier if my scanner was working. It seems to have bitten the dust after only 3 years. Sigh.I have a hp printer,does this scan, also what is the difference between a scanner?
Depends on the type of Printer. If you can see the printer number most times you can go to Google and type in HP (and the printer number) and it will take you to their site regarding your printer. All the details will be listed and it will let you know right away if it has a scanner or not.





A scanner will take a piece of paper and take a picture of it, or scan it electronically so you can then email that document as an attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment