Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why won't my new Dell computer recoginise my hp printer?

i dont know the answer to you ? but i have dell and my computer wont recognise my canon printerWhy won't my new Dell computer recoginise my hp printer?
you have to go to hp's website and download the correct driver for your printer. without the correct driver your computer cannot recognize the printer.


just go to the hp website and search for drivers for your exact printer. the disk you misplaced had the correct driver on it. since you cant find it go to their website. hope this helps, good luckWhy won't my new Dell computer recoginise my hp printer?
When I bought my printer, it came with a disk. You need to teach your computer how to use your printer - find that disk.
Turn on the printer put the software in the drive, Restart and windows should sort things out from there, if there are prompts just follow them.





Good Luck.
I assume you have connected then printer using USB. Sometimes items connected to ports on the font of computers are not always registered. Check you are connected to the rear ports and try again.
If its brand new, it likely has Windows Vista. Go to the HP web site to see if it has drivers that support Vista.
That's Dell for you.
It's the operating system that won;t recognise it.


Go to the HP web site and look for the relevant driver which will work for the printer/operating system you are using. (Guessing you have just upgraded to Vista?)

No comments:

Post a Comment