Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hp printer photosmart C4180...can I refill the cartridge myself?

Printer cartridges are sooo expensive..Can I refill the cartridge myself or is it only specific printer that can be refilled. Please advise. I cannot afford the hp ink cartridges. I'm a student so, I cannot afford to pay for even the generic ones.Hp printer photosmart C4180...can I refill the cartridge myself?
Absolutely - I do it with mine all the time, it's very easy indeed. You get your ink refill kit and read the instructions on there for your cartridge number. Sometimes they don't have your number but it is very easy to do. Below is a link to a Youtube on how to refill HP's although that one is for a numer 21, it is the same as yours regarding the hole being in the same place. On the color one when you peel off the label there are like little dents - three of them. There are more than that but three are deeper. Before you use the drill that comes with the kit, get a small nail and hammer it in a small way and then remove. This gives you something to drill into as it can take some force to drill it without a pillot hole. Drill the hole and put an empty syringe needle in and see what colour it picks up and fill with that color. Either wash thoughly the syringe between colors or use different ones for each color. Make sure you do not overfill it as it will leak. You may have problems with the printer recognizing the refilled cartridge but you press continue (I think it's that as I have not got my HP in at the moment I'm using my Canon so I can't get it up to see) when it tells you it does not know how much ink is there. It is easy and cheap to refill them. When filling the colour make sure you do not fill the wrong color as it will ruin the cartridge and everything will print green. I have done this loads even though I'm very used to refilling so it's esaliy done! It will seem tricky at first but when you get the hang of it, it takes minutes. Put about 5ml(black) in on your first try as you can always put in more later. If you do wish to take it to full then inject the ink very slowly and as soon as any ink comes out the hole pull the syringe plunger back until the ink dissapears and take the syringe out as it will be ful - overfill and they leak. Also, do not push the syringe needle in all the way as if it penetrates the sponge at the bottom, the cartridge will be no good and will leak ink every where. The color needs just about 3ml of each color - the same applys to filling them as the black. When the color comes out the hole stop and pull the plunger until the ink dissapears and withdraw the syringe.


http://www.metacafe.com/watch/928359/how鈥?/a>





Email me if you need any more info as I can reinstall my HP and tell you more about what the message is and how to overriding ect. This may take a few hours to get back to you but I will if I can help.Hp printer photosmart C4180...can I refill the cartridge myself?
Glad I could help. As I said, any probs email me and I will try to help. Missed a biy out by the way - wear gloves when filling or you'll have ink all over them! Report Abuse

http://www.jettecrefill.com/search.asp?c=1966 This is your cartridges and where the holes are. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment